Thursday, December 13, 2012

Say you don’t know how to do it now, so you run



Silly hole in my sock. 
After a long hiatus from video/acting, last week I managed to squeak my way into a Samsung promo video.  The last video I filmed was the Thai Airways TVC in May when I wed a beautiful Thai woman. Oh lets get the right song on first. 

Like a flash in the pan this job was booked. Within 2 days I had a one to one meeting with the director, and started filming. The shoot took place on Wednesday, a day that originally was supposed to be busy. But, as if there isn’t always a but, Mother Nature decided to sprinkle a dusting of the fantastic white stuff. My eyes began to glisten at the site of snow.

Unfortunately most Korean drivers (from what I see) don’t know how to handle the snow. Hammering the gas and spinning leading to jammed traffic. It doesn’t appear like threshold breaking is taught here either as I everyone’s tires are locking up. I have never seen so many car accidents in my life.
                                              
Zooming up and down, swirling around a camera shot past my face. “Be natural” I am instructed from my booker/translator as I deal with the fear of a camera coming within inches of my face and swinging back out. Maybe it was a bit of film rust? Is that what you call it when its been a while since you  have been in front of the video camera and need to shake off the cobwebs? Either way it took around 5 or 10 minutes for me to fully feel comfortable with the environment and movements I needed to make.  

And as quickly as the job was booked, I was done. With less than 40 minutes in front of the camera the director was ecstatic about my performance and that we had finished far ahead of schedule.  I had fun and can’t wait to do another, hopefully the next one is a big TVC though. 




No comments:

Post a Comment