Saturday, June 8, 2013

A wealth of experience


Much of my writing lately has been more insightful and less about modeling. I have been bouncing around SE Asia for the past almost 6 months now and feel like sometimes its good to understand what’s going on in my crazy little head. Between the outrageous puddle building boxing sessions, my rants about models and everything else I hope to have provided some more insight into who I am. 


Last week I had the opportunity to live a life I otherwise would never live. I feel so incredibly blessed to have been raised the way I have and create a respect for money and avoiding the outrageous. Singapore is a country full of outrageous. Brazen spending is evident by the 5 Louis Vuitton store and 10 Coach handbag stores. Basic automobiles cost in the hundreds of thousands of dollars, and real estate prices blow your mind.


Myself and a few other buddies attended an event in Sentosa Cove. The crème de la crème of Singapore residences located on the southern tip of Singapore. The ultra prices ranging in the 30 million range, create a very exclusive environment to call home. Not to be outdone driveways are filled with Ferrari and Bentley, with countertops christened by bottles of the finest single malts imported from Scotland. 


Can you feel me getting into character? Representing Zilli, a very high fashion brand from Italy, I became increasingly aware and concerned with having as James Earl Jones once put the best of the best. The softest silks, the most pristine leather, were essential for my taste. Of course a pallet designed elegant Macallan single malts never hurts as well.




3 others and myself mingled as though we were actually capable of affording said 30 million dollar house or thousands worth of clothing.  Personally I had a blast, and it rubbed off on the attendees of the event as well. Clinking glasses with CEOs, CFOs, CCOs and inevitably a UFO tossed in for good measure. My complaint of modeling sometimes is that I struggle to find interesting individuals that can carry an intellectual conversation; fortunately this wasn’t the case that evening.  It was also refreshing to see that the individuals I spoke with were all down to earth. Not one had the stereotypical arrogance associated with wealth.  Which goes to show, no matter where you sit on that food chain, humility can be found. 



No comments:

Post a Comment