Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Big Announcement! A game of cards – Go Fish (Guess who's gonna be on a National TV Series)


About 3 weeks ago I made an announcement on my Facebook. I have had these plans to write about it, but really wanted to tell you about the joys of my siblings wedding. 

So here it is, we have started production on a new TV series based and filmed here in Calgary.  A few weeks ago, I was chosen to be a supporting cast member on a comedy series called Go Fish. It’s a very fitting title especially with some of my Singapore friends whom I taught to play the game. Here is the synopsis taken from iperformarts (production company):

"This TV comedy series follows five roommates as they try to make their way through the world. Each of them is following a dream, however, in the pursuit of their goals they often find themselves in hilarious predicaments which sabotage any progress that they may be making.

Each of the roommates have different goals, one wants to be a Lawyer, one is trying to become a fitness instructor, another is a model, and one is an actress. The fifth roommate is the very rich owner of the house that they all live in, and wants to get married….

Each episode follows the girls through one day in a series of short chronological skits."


A lonely little goldfish is the physical manifestation of each roommates failures, this fish seems to suffer an untimely demise in each episode, and is promptly replaced by whoever caused the fishes end. No one seems to even notice that the fish is different each time.


So where do I come in? One of the lasts pieces to the puzzle, I ended up casting for the show a few short days after getting back from my last Asia trip. As I mentioned my role is as support so I won’t be appearing in every episode, but will be a reoccurring character, the handsome neighbour.  My character lives next door to the girls, and is constantly trying to get a date or phone number at least. Without giving too much away, let's just say that I am a bit of eye candy on screen with my wardrobe. 

My experiences overseas filming television commercials have led to an interest in acting. I constantly talk about challenges and adventure is this is exactly how I see it. Excited to work on this production would be an understatement.  


I would like to share more, and I may share bit by bit as production goes along, but for the most part you are just going to have to stay tuned for when the show airs here in Canada (and for those overseas I will be certain to share online links).

No comments:

Post a Comment