Tuesday, September 10, 2013

That’s a wrap - Go fish filming is long done


I have been almost entirely MIA for the month of August. This is partially due to the fact of filming and also putting in extra hours at the bar.  After just under a month of work, all the filming has come to a rest. I would like to share a big thanks to all the crew and cast for the experience and adventure that is creating a television show.  
Behind the scenes teaser 
My previous experiences in television have all been in the commercial side of things. This was much more fun for me in a sense.  Although I didn’t get to drive a convertible through the Thai mountains or hang from the side of a building, I found the joy of taking on a character and developing my own background rather satisfying. While filming I was no longer Zach, but I was the handsome neighbour. With several character overlaps between myself and my character it made it that much easier to be him during shooting.

Other than the information I have already shared about the show Go Fish, there isn’t much more I can tell you without spoiling.  Although I can lock it down a little further as to when you can set those PVRs and grab the popcorn.  


First week of October Go Fish will be airing on ShawTV (that’s channel 10 in Calgary). When I find out the exact date and time I will be sure to update you further.  

With no current destination or plans to model overseas I have decided to adjust my gym goals. Rather than remaining lean and relatively small (current weight 167 lbs), I will continue to stay lean but try and bulk back up again. There isn’t a plan to be 220 lbs anytime soon, but I would like to crush some steal on the trip back up to 180-185. In the past I have hung out around that weight and been quite satisfied, which also holds a bonus of muscle memory. This of course is your body’s ability to adapt and return to a previous musculature. Other than doing my Superman Star complex, I will also be piling on the calories.  Jumping from about 3000 per day to 4500.  

This workout involves a principle of overload as well as the dynamics of plyometrics. Here is an exert taken from the chest portion; the full workout is here on TNation
ExercisesLoad TypesReps
1Top-half bench pressOverload3 - 5
This is a very effective activation movement for the rest of the complex, but it's also one of the most effective triceps exercises you can do!
2Bench pressStrength3 - 5
Focus on keeping the traps shrugged up when doing this movement (for added safety, stability and raw performance).
3Speed bench press, as fast as possible with 60% of maxStrength-Speed5
Focus on two things here: 1) move as fast as possible (accelerating throughout the movement) with 60% 1RM, and 2) perform a quick turnaround between the lowering and lifting phase.
4Medicine ball chest throwSpeed-Strength8 - 10
You can either perform this one standing and throw it in front of you, or lying on your back and throw it straight up. If you do the latter, make sure to throw it straight up or have a partner catch it for you!
5Plyo push-upExplosive5 - 10
No need to drop your chest all the way down. Just as in jumping, we want a short and rapid dip and minimal transition time before the projection upward. Stop when you lose your "pop."




No comments:

Post a Comment