Monday, February 18, 2013

Time is on my side


 The other day I read about a study about the most stressed people are the ones in the years following university. That 22-30 age group, is not entirely sure where they are, challenging themselves to discover this.  Situated dead smack in the middle of this group, I fortunately am not succumbing to the pressure anymore. These tendencies do pop into my head when I think about after modelling (which I am sure is coming soon). For the moment, the time being, time is on my side.

I am fortunate not to have the big financial burdens of student loans (very fortunate) and do not have a car loan or mortgage right now. The car loan lesson I learned early, with little repercussions (long story short, just because you can afford the payments, doesn’t mean you can afford the car or anything for that matter). Time can be on my side to allow me to travel and enjoy life.

There is a modeling community where people frequently ask questions, not being afraid to pipe in about nutrition related stuff I have found myself a resource for many people lately. I thought lets give some insight on what I got up to today (and ate). 
Except I must be on Canada Time

Last night I had a terrible time falling asleep. Second time in the past week. 

Wake up: 9 am and chatted with a lovely girl in my life back in Canada

Morning exercise: 10-12 I was only planning on 1 hr on the treadmill doing intervals but got sucked into the latest season of top gear. Immediately following I did round of cold plunge and steam for 10 minutes.  Immediately after I had box of Green Tea soymilk.


Breakfast/Lunch: 12:30 2 cups of mixed rice, 3 eggs, 1 tbsp PB, 1 apple, ¼ cup of soymilk (all mixed together into a porridge with cinnamon and some brown sugar) 

Snack on the run: Casting started at 2:30 for FCUK so en route I had an apple and a birdseed bar (sesame seed and sunflower seeds held together by a bit of honey)


After casting:  Around 4 pm I was hungry on my way home so bought some fresh mango from street vendor (this is like candy for me)  When I arrived at home I had some rice crackers with 2 tbsp peanut butter (I can’t get enough of it)

Dinner: 6:30 hunger started to creep in. I cooked close to 4 cups of mushrooms, kale, onion, garlic, carrot with dried thai chili powder and lime. With the meal I had 2 chicken breasts cooked with Montreal steak spice and sirachi (maybe a little too much).  

Before bed: Its now 10 pm and I am starting to get hungry again. Will have to check the fridge but I think there are some strawberries and maybe some almonds. 
This is an example of my day. An average day? Likely not the case. This is just an example of what today looked like. When I do strength training my appetite is significantly larger.

No comments:

Post a Comment