Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Come on and Celebrate


 This one is going to be short; I know that a few times I have gotten too wordy. Keep it simple right. I know that I always need to pay attention to some of my writing been getting a little slack on grammar and spelling. 

Sunday I hit the gym and sauna. This is something I have begun to utilize here in Singapore. At first I neglected to go in because I was sweating all the time, but there are other significant benefits to sauna’s like, increased exercise tolerance, helps clear lactic acid from the muscles and it helps clear my sinuses which have been consistently plugged due to 3 cats in our apartment.  Still these sauna have nothing on the blue lagoon in Iceland and its steam room. 


Anyway, I received an invite to dinner to celebrate Heidi’s birthday.  I was tempted to pass, but decided why not has fun tonight. So I took my busses, actually it ended up only being maybe 10 minutes from the previous days crossfit workout. The restaurant was a Mediterranean influenced place, and on Sunday’s they had a family dinner thing where a bunch of dishes could be shared collectively. Unfortunately only two of us liked lamb and shared this.

Heidi had no idea this was to celebrate her birthday, which was a great surprise for her. Most of them were roommates and had a number of inside jokes, that I am sure some I will understand while there are others I don’t think I want to understand. It was a fun night and good company. I was rather tired as the night began to roll on so I headed home around 11. Apparently I missed some fun karaoke at the Honkey Tonk Bar. 


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for being part of the surprise and glad you had a good night. Don't worry, you will start to understand some of the inside jokes eventually; I was new to the group just a few months back.

    If you find any thermal spas in Singapore like the ones in Bavaria, let me know, I loved them but I am sure your sauna is at your gym, right?

    I must admit that your posts have inspired me to get back into writing on my blog. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah that spa in iceland was sick. The sauna here certainly does the trick.

    I am glad that these blogs could have inspired you to write again. Its fun to share your experiences or at least get it out.

    ReplyDelete