Friday, November 25, 2011

Hints of Asian


         
I haven’t taken my melatonin yet, but fatigue is setting in. Awesome! I am getting used to the time change. That or the fact I had a long day. To top it off I was in an air-conditioned mall for most the day so getting outside hit me that much harder on my walk home from the train. Immediately cranked on the a/c and put on my shorts. The downside, 2 late evenings home has caused me to miss pool time. What a shame. Well I do have all day Saturday and Sunday.

I left off on my way to BR to buy some socks. I decided against it and just did bare foot in the dress shoots. I tell you it was a good idea. Upon my arrival back at 7 For All Mankind, we were asked to stay until the show.  I have met a few buddies while waiting. Its rather interesting how some people you can carry a conversation and others you can’t. The 2 gentlemen, which I clicked with both, happened to be from the same agency as me. The 3 of us represent OMM male talent. Clemens is a tall german fella and Rafa is from the Phillipines. They both seem to have their head on straight. The other models were sociable as well, but I didn’t have much of a conversation with anyone else. Many of the women were Russian and the language barrier was quite significant. All beautiful nonetheless. 

Hiding behind a curtain we hung out for what seemed to be an eternity. It still was quite long though, over an hour. 5 minute call time. We were all dressed and ready to rock the runway.

Word of advice: Don’t cross your arms when wearing clothes for the runway ( you get in trouble as I learned very quickly)

I should really have asked what the beat was but there was a 4 string quartet playing smooth criminal before the walk so here you go.



We were now at the point that the whole week had been leading up to, the runway. Choreography all set and simple, we just had to walk now.  As you walk down the runway, you have an eternal gaze. Our instructions were to look bad ass and have attitude. So not giving a **** about what people are thinking was what ran through my mind. Strong face, laser eyes, and slight clench of jaw, all very stoic.  Camera’s are flashing everywhere and there are professional photographers stationed at places where you pose. Pose, hold until flashes stop, then keep moving. Nice and simple. When you are off stage, its no holds barred get changed. Pants, shirts, shoes are flying everywhere. Each person is assigned someone to help them put on their new wardrobe.  Then you roll out again.

Once we finished, we put back on our normal clothes and went to mingle. We didn’t have to stay, but I was hungry and really wanted a glass of wine, and that I did. Red of course. After a few pictures with some random people, Clemens and I had a brief conversation with a very outgoing and nice guy Keith. Then I moved on to chatting with a beautiful woman Melissa. Melissa is a publicist and works on bringing concerts and the like to Singapore. She complemented me on my look and mentioned that there is hints of Asian in me and it will do very well in this market. We also talked about Hong Kong and Taipei, and a little about Japan as well. I don’t know if the modeling industry is all about networking, but I figure the more people I know the better. Melissa older than I am but she said that her assistant and some of the other people she works with would be more then willing to show me around Singapore and take me to the beach, etc. A very thoughtful gesture I must say.

Finally when leaving I got handed a gift bag. In it is a $100 gift certificate to 7 for all mankind, a complimentary wash and blow from Salon 360 and a free classic manicure from Vedure. Now the first one makes sense, I know if I decided I could use that. The second one I may pass off to one of my female modeling counter parts. Do I do the same with the Manicure? Or do I try a manicure for myself? I have never done something like that before. This is all part of the adventure right?

The evening turned out to be pretty awesome. And to top it off as I was leaving the Marina Bay Sands, there was this elegant skyline. Sorry guys, I don't have any pics from the show yet.

                                           
I have now just taken a few melatonin and will be crashing momentarily. Good night. I appreciate the comments. I hope you all enjoy reading this as much as I enjoy writing.

2 comments:

  1. haha i think every female so far has said that. and no guys have responded. either they aren't reading or just don't care to respond

    ReplyDelete