Monday, March 25, 2013

Watch Yourself!






A couple things of business that I would like to address with this post. In my previous blog I ripped up a little bit on high fashion models and fashion shows, it has nothing to do with character of these people, as a matter of fact I have tons of friends that are high fashion. I compare the razzing to the mocking of a friend when he won’t jump off the hi-rise diving board. 

I also received some pictures from Korea; these are part of a collection for Macaw golf. Remember early December I wrote about meeting a famous Korean celebrity, it was finishing this job that she arrived.  I hope you get a kick out of these:


This past Tuesday I had the privilege of working an event for a Swiss Company called Bovet. Have you heard of them? Think, luxury, now luxury10. That’s where you need to start looking. Monocle in hand you, your inquisition begins as to what is ultra luxury. Host event at the Mandarin Oriental starts to lead you believe that you aren’t in Kansas anymore. 
 
Have you googled it yet? Bovet is an ultra luxury watch company. Ultra luxury isn’t a Ferrari; it’s a watch of equivalent value.  Yes, the watch I had to “wear” had a value of just a hair over $380 000 USD. With hand etched gold amongst, plutonium and a flux capacitor, it all started to make sense. A truly elegant watch it was, but for me a house is much more likely in the books. 

Now for a bit of enlightenment from this event. As a model, I frequently find myself in events or wearing clothes where I am far out of place. Surrounded by ultra luxury, with crocodile shoes and unfathomable gold can lead you to feel like a little green man.  Of course part of this is jealousy, but more so for me it’s a foreign feeling. While I have been blessed by a very good upbringing, it has allowed me to gain an appreciation for money. Frequently the money that is used to buy these watches is old money. An appreciation for these funds is frequently lost when money just handed down from generation to generation. Of course the other crowd I would expect a watch like this would be the gangster rapper/professional football or basketball player.

As mind blowing as these watches were, I was raised to say, yeah right. I will spend the menial amount that doesn’t cause adrenaline to pump when I hold the watch. Or in the case of a Bovet, silk gloves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment