Thursday, October 11, 2012

Caught in a landslide



Though escape from reality open your eyes, look up to the skies and see! All right so my Freddy Mercury voice isn’t up to standard but we all knew that going in. One my favourite channels on YouTube “epic rap battles of history” just released one of Freddy vs Frank Sinatra, well worth tuning into.

Back on the plane to Calgary, after having a whirlwind of ideas to write about I didn’t find the time to write at all. From the insane number of hipsters found in Parkdale, to the excitement of my Riders laying the smack down on the argos and a few very delightful cocktails, this brief trip was fun and productive. I will try of course to do my best to keep on topic. 

 
Keeping with my plans to shed that final little bit of fat for Korea, I have been busting ass at the gym. Continuing to train at Reebok Crossfit Liberty Village, the owner Jordan has been great and welcoming, which is always something that encourages you to return to a new facility. Unfortunately there was another coach there that was cold and much less inviting, he made the place feel like a Gold’s, World Health Club or any other of those type of operations.  Here is a sample of another workout courtesy of Derek at 2110.

A1. Clean & Press 5/5/5/5/5
A2. Burpees 20/20/20/20/20  Rest = 0

B1. Incline BP 10/10/10
B2. DB BO Row 8e/8e/8e Rest= 60 sec

C1. Hammer Curl 10e/10e/10e
C2. Close Grip Pushup M/M/M
C3. Full Sit up 20/20/20

D1. Row 2000m

Also while I was in Toronto I made my rounds of the agencies, looking for opportunity following my Korean adventure. Under the advice of my mother agent (Sophia Models International) we contacted and I met with several of the top agencies in the Toronto.
1.     Sutherland Models
2.     Next Model Management
3.     Ford Models
4.     B and M Model Management

All the agencies were very positive about my potential in the Toronto market, just about everyone saying that the Harlequinn Romance would be on lockdown.  Each agency has something slightly different to offer but all share the same clients. When the time comes to decide on whom I would like to sign with it will come down to how comfortable I am with the director and the bookers and their ability to get me work. Without directly speaking about each agency I can say that there were a few that were welcoming and encouraging while some were less than eager to take a few minutes out of a slow day to meet with me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment