Saturday, October 20, 2012

Crazy Catabolic Carb Complex Part I - The diet and exercise





Son of a gun. I had an entire preliminary post typed up and it’s gone. Well I am going to do my best to summarize what I had previously written. All of this was pretty long winded so I am breaking it into a total of 3 posts. 

After coming back from Thailand I had lost weight (mostly muscle). All summer I had been working to put that back on and lose some of the extra padding. Through a good diet and amazing workouts I feel like I have achieved this. With the eve of my departure to Korea looming, I successfully went through one last push.

6 weeks ago I strapped myself into a bubble and had my body composition analyzed. Yesterday, just like Felix I found myself floating in a tin can. The space capsule so happily referred to as a bod pod. My results didn’t come back as expected, but luckily science once again can explain it. 

Stay calm and geek on. I have a good understanding of how foods affect our body and will try my best to explain. But before that as with all science experiments lets look at the methods of procedure.

Diet
Keep in mind I was bartending most of the summer so things are slightly skewed. Then this past week changed.

Breakfast: (11 am)
1 cup blueberries, 1 banana, 2 tbsp peanut butter, 2 cups unsweetened almond milk, 2 scoops protein powder (30 gram protein)
2 slices Gluten Free bread

Post workout shake: (2 pm)
2 scoops Muscle MLK

Lunch: (3 pm)
2 cups brown rice or quinoa or GF pasta
8 oz cooked MFP (meat, fish or poultry)
2-3 cups vegetables (usually carrots or asparagus as they are my favourites)
2 tbsp hummus or guacamole or tomato sauce or goat cheese

Snack: (8 pm)
Clif Bar (chocolate mint is awesome, same with peanut toffee buzz)

Snack: (11 pm if I can sneak it in)
1 oz almonds or pistachios or 1 cup grapes)
Bedtime dinner: (2-3 am)
8 oz MFP
Rice crackers (Maggie’s Organice ones) or 2-4 slices GF bread
2 oz goat cheese
Big Salad

Then this past week, I have changed my workouts and also the diet, limiting carbs a little.

Breakfast: (10 am)
1 ½ cup cooked oatmeal with 1 cup blueberries and 1 tsp honey
2 scoop protein powder or 3 eggs with guac

Post workout shake: (12pm)
2 scoops Muscle MLK

Lunch: (1 pm)
8 oz MFP
3 cups vegetables
2 oz goat cheese

Snack: (4pm)
1 cup carrots w/hummus

During workout shake: (6pm)
2 scoops Muscle MLK

Dinner: (8pm)
Half a chicken
3 cups vegetables
Maybe a little goat cheese or hummus or guac, depending on how I feel

Snack: ½ pint raspberries or carrots and hummus and 2 oz nuts


Workouts:
I can’t find one of the older workouts right now, will post it later, but here is an example of morning Metcon (metabolic conditioning) and evening strength from this past week.

Metcon:
Dynamic Warmup (10 minutes)
Run 1 mile (approx. 8 minutes)
Chrissy Kettlebell workout:
20-25-30-35-40-45 Kettle Bell Swings (16kg)
30-25-20-15-10-5 Burpee pushup Tuck Jumps (superset no rest)
Stength:
10x10 Bench Press (#135) every minute on the minute
4xMax Bench Press (10RM or 185) R=60 sec
10x10 Cable Flys (#23) every minute on the minute
4xMax Cable Flys (10RM or 185) R=60 sec
3x10 Floor Flys (#30e)
3xMax Pushups (superset) R=90
3x25 pistol crunch R=60 sec
300 crunches R= as needed

Or here is another one
In my next post I will detail the results and interpret them a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment